Saturday, May 21, 2016

Simple words, big heart...


I always have so much I could share...some day I would love to write a book, or two, or three...but today I want to allow my 9 year old son to share. We all want to be heard, have a voice...this one paragraph from Jaidan in his own words can change your world, your perspective. May Jaidan's simple but deep faith, attention to relationship and love compel you...it is really a simple Gospel.
 
 
 
I bet you want to know what this nine year old thinks about Mozambique? Well where shall we start, let’s start with what I feel about Mozambique. It’s hard to see all the suffering, pain, and drunkenness. People are starving and it’s hard for them to provide food. But the Mozambique people are sweet people, and the kids are fun to play with. Well what have I done so far? Well there are children over the fence and we made friends with them. We’ve known them ever since we got to Mozambique. We used to go over there to their houses and play ball in this giant area to play in, but now they come over to our house and play. They come over almost every day. My dad has started a Bible school called Arvore da Vida (Tree of Life) and does it at a place called Tiqui Tiqui. He goes there on Saturday. Our friend Antonio comes to our house every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for Portuguese lessons, and he goes to Tiqui Tiqui with my dad. My mom works with our friends, Rebecca, Becca, Mariana, and Dara. They are nurses and one of their patients, Modesto, was very sick and he was the only patient I met and he’s a sweet child. I prayed for him and later he was better. He’s going to be two next month. Tchau for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment